Visit the most important archaeological zone of the Mayan World, the ancient capital of the Mayan Empire. At Chichén Itzá you can admire the majestic Observatory, The sacred Cenote (sinkhole) where sacrifices used to take place. The Ball Court, the Castle, and all the vestiges left from this amazing and mysterious people; this is their legacy, a way to prove they once existed on this earth.
Come and witness the extraordinary and highly decorated ceremonial architecture of its buildings, all of which were built without the use metal tools.
Chichén Itzá was declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 1988 and then in 2007 it was declared one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.
- Our tour begins picking up all passengers at the lobby of all hotels (in the Cancún area) to check in at our terminal at Plaza Kukulcan. By 8:15am we depart in a deluxe motor coach bus.
- On our way to Chichén Itzá we will stop for a visit to Cenote Hubiku, one of the many beautiful Cenotes (underwater sinkholes) of the region. We will have 45 minutes to get close to these natural formations and take a quick dip on the cold crystal clear waters.
- After the Cenote visit we will enter Valladolid, a colonial town where we will enjoy a convenient panoramic visit of approximately 20 minutes to observe and take pictures of the city’s downtown area in the comfort of your seat.
- Leaving Valladolid and getting back on route for Chichen Itzá we will ready to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with regional Yucatan dishes that you just have
to try out, while we enjoy these great Yucatan dishes we will enjoy a
dancing Jarana show, Jarana is the regional dance of the Yucatan. In this place you will be able to visit a handcraft shop and shop (if you wish to) some regional handcrafts.
- After lunch we will head towards to enter the mystical Chichén Itzá archaeological site.
- Once inside we will have a 1 hour and a half guided visit with a certified archaeological tourist guide and 1 hour of free time to take pictures and explore the site by yourown.
- After the guided tour is finished we will leave the archaeological site and get back to Cancún.
- By 7pm we will be back in Cancún and will start dropping off our passengers at their hotels.