greatest attraction is its location. It stands on a bluff facing the
rising sun looking out on views of the Caribbean that are nothing less
than spectacular. In Maya, Tulum
means "Wall", and the city was christened thus because it is a walled
city; one of the very few the ancients ever built. Research suggests it
was formerly called Zama
or "to dawn" in its day, which is appropriate given the location. It seems "Tulum
" is the name given the site following a visit by the explorers Stephens and Catherwood
in 1841, just before the beginning of the Caste War in 1847, long after
the city was abandon and fell to ruins. They ordered trees cleared and Catherwood
made illustrations of temples, later to be published in their famous book "Incidents of Travel in Yucatan". Juan José Gálvez
is actually credited with Tulum's
rediscovery in 1840.
- Our tour begins picking up
all passengers at the lobby of all hotels (in the Cancún area) to check
in at our terminal. By 8:15am we depart in a deluxe motor coach bus.
- Once we completed the pick-up we will be on our way to Tulum in the Mayan Riviera.
- In Tulum we will have a 1 hour and a half guided visit with a certified tourist guide. After the guided tour you will have some time to take pictures at the archaeological zone.
- When we have completed the Tulum visit we will be on our shuttle back to Hidden worlds where each tour group will be no more then 15 people and the same two guides
will remain with you throughout the day. Your lead guide will speak both
English and Spanish.
- Once arriving at base camp you will have a locker for your belongs. Your adventure will begin with a Jungle zipline.
- Your next event will take you repelling down into one of the most famous Cenotes in the world, Takbelum (as seen on Journey into Amazing caves by Imax and Nat Geo).
- Once you have repelled you are ready for the splash down zipline.
This is an exciting ride that lands you in the water. No need to worry
if you can't swim - you will have a life jacket and we have guides to
help you out of the water.
- Now that you are all wet we take you snorkeling through Takbelum,
your guide will explain things like how the stalagmites and stalactites
where formed and other aspects of the of Riviera Maya's underground
- Once finished with the snorkeling you will be ready for the high
adrenaline ride called the Avatar. Walking to the Avatar you will see
that may of the trees and birds are signed along the way. The Avatar a
high speed zipline that you wont forget. It was invented at Hidden Worlds and is Unique to Hidden Worlds.
- You are loaded up for a short ride to the Sky cycle where you will ride a
recumbent bike across the tree tops and down into another cenote named the Church. Another ride that was invented at Hidden Worlds is only found at Hidden Worlds.
- Once you are finish your will be dropped of and the Jungle Cafe where
lunch is on us if you bought on line, other wise the cost is $8.